• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joshua Koo shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminIlmari Heikkinen (Developer, FHTR) responded  · 

HTML export is in, lemme know how it works.

Now you can print your presos for nice PDF output too. Print in landscape without annotations and save to PDF.

The remaining step would be to script PhantomJS/MozEmbed to print the thing. In the meantime, let’s lobby browser vendors to build a “Save as PDFAPI.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joshua Koo commented  · 

the print function doubles up as pdf export! o.o Interesting approach which should meet the needs of most now :)

• AdminIlmari Heikkinen (Developer, FHTR) commented  · 

PDF export is in, using a print stylesheet. I added a button in the share tab. You can also hit CMD-P with the editor field selected.

Notes:
        - Works on Chrome but Vimeo embeds print as white, probably goes for other flash embeds as well.
        - On Firefox, you need to go to File -> Page Setup to make the page print as landscape.
        - To print 16:9 output, create a 16:9 page size (e.g. 9x16" or 144x256mm) and get nice wide projector slides.

• AdminIlmari Heikkinen (Developer, FHTR) commented  · 

Yeah, I'd love to have file exporting. Hmm, it shouldn't be too hard to inline all the stylesheets and add a simple slide controller JS. Then add in the slide DOM and make an <a download=mypreso.html> to save it out. You could also inline the images as data urls.

Exporting PDF... what would be a good way? @media print stylesheet? Or go with some JS HTML2PDF lib.

• BKcore commented  · 

This is critical IMO. Just spend a good amount of time writing a presentation with Message just to notice that I probably won't be able to use it because there will be no wifi in the room.
        At lease a way to export the final HTML/CSS/JS would be nice.

Tried saving the web page but sadly seems to be using JS to load everything form the server so it doesn't work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base